The minute Chip Wood opened the doors to the first Tire Discounters, he began raising the bar for the tire business. He brought a sorely needed higher standard of integrity to the business. 40 years ago, each and every tire dealer lured people in with a low tire price, and then charged extra for essential services like mounting and balancing. Some even charged for each individual wheel weight used for tire balancing! Not a very honest approach, is it?
So Chip decided to follow his instinct and focus on transparency in pricing in tandem with a higher standard of service. People loved it.
And that’s the simple reason why we do what we do. Our founder’s higher standards still inform every single service and sale. Today, Chip’s children are carrying on the traditions of their father in our family-owned and operated business.
Chip puts it this way: “All their lives, Steven, Anna and Evan have been watching me handle my customers and their cars with care and respect. I can’t think of anything more rewarding than entrusting my sons and daughter to continue with my customer care, and funny enough, in many cases for the sons and daughters of the very customers I helped!”
Thanks Chip. (And we’d say that even if you weren’t the boss.)
- Tire Discounters is an Ohio based corporation, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Established in 1976 with a single, one bay store, Tire Discounters has remained under the leadership of the founder, Chip Wood, for the past 40+ years.
- 135+ stores (and counting) with 6-10 bays per store providing tires, wheels and auto services.
- Store footprint ranges from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama, with locations in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, Huntsville, and Athens. Tire Discounters has two warehouses, one in Sharonville, OH and one in La Vergne, TN.
- Industry-leading innovations introduced continuously since 1976.
- Free alignment with 4-tire purchase with TD standard installation. Learn More
- Lifetime Tire Maintenance with any tire purchase, even if you just buy one tire
- Lifetime rotation and balancing
- Lifetime valet air top-offs
- Premium installation
- A 40,000 sq/ft training facility located in Sharonville, OH
- More than 200 ASE-certified technicians (and growing)
- Huge selection of amazing tire brands
- State of the art computerized service equipment
- Over 400,000 tires in stock available for installation, most for same-day installation
- All-inclusive pricing. What we quote is what you pay
- Uses recycled rubber, recycled oil and lead-free wheel weights
- Clean lobby, comfortable waiting rooms, and complimentary store wifi
- Founder Chip Wood named Modern Tire Dealer's - 2020 Dealer of the Year
- CARFAX Top-Rated Service Shop 2019
- Eighth largest independent tire dealer in the U.S. by Modern Tire Dealer national rankings.
- Rated the No. 1 Tire Store in Cincinnati by CityBeat Magazine for the past 12 years.
- Rated the No. 1 Automotive Repair Shop by CityBeat Magazine in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Voted Best Tire Store by NKY Magazine for 2020
- Voted #1 Auto Repair in the 12th Annual Lexington Herald-Leader Readers' Choice Awards for 2018.
- Voted Lexington's Best Tire Store by the readers of Lexington Herald-Leader for 2019.
- Voted #1 Tire Store in Scott County (KY) in the 2018 Georgetown News-Graphic Readers' Choice Awards.
- Voted #1 Tire Center in Delaware (OH) in 2018, 2020 Delaware Gazette & The Sunbury News Readers' Choice Awards.
- Best Tire Store Winner in the Best of the Best People's Choice Awards by the Chattanooga Times Free Press in 2017, 2018, 2020.
- Won Best of Auto Repair on Louisville's A-List in 2014 and 2017
- Winner of #1 Tire Store in Licking County (Columbus) in 2016 and 2017.
- Voted Best of Bullitt County (Louisville) 2017 for Auto Repair.
- Broke the Guinness world record for the tallest stack of tires in 2014.
- Region's largest custom wheel outlet.
- Official service provider member of the Automotive Maintenance & Repair Association (AMRA) & the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA), honoring all major national accounts.